Free hex editor
Frhed is an binary file editor for Windows. It is small but has many advanced features like ability to load big files partially.
- Editable file size limited only by available system memory
- Load files partially
- Export as hexdump to file or clipboard
- Search for any combination of text and binary values
- Compare files
- Frhed 1.6.0 stable release 2009-06-25
- Frhed 1.4.2 stable release 2009-04-08
- Frhed 1.4.0 stable release 2009-02-04
- View all news …
- Frhed 1.5.10 (2009-06-10)
- Frhed 1.7.1 (2009-07-30)
Frhed is originally developed by Raihan Kibria.
Version 1.1 included many improvements and new features from versions that several other programmers had been working on. Unfortunately version 1.1 never matured to "stable" release. Latest 1.1 release is labeled as "beta" release.
At autumn 2008 the WinMerge Team decided to use Frhed as binary file editor component for WinMerge. For developing Frhed further new SourceForge project was created. This new project will develop Frhed as stand alone product.